Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team!
The Maintenance Technician is a full time, regular, non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis with benefits. Primary responsibilities include the maintenance and repair of physical structures of residential buildings and properties while adhering to Downstreet's mission. The position reports to the Facilities Manager and may direct contract workers, vendors, volunteers or summer youth employees as needed.
- Performs repairs and maintenance as directed by work orders, Facilities Manager. Repairs include minor plumbing, basic carpentry, appliance trouble-shooting and hardware replacement, minor electrical work, grounds keeping, exterior/interior painting, winterization of buildings and window replacement, operating machinery, janitorial, trash and debris removal, snow shoveling, etc. Individual may be required to oversee the service of contractor-related services.
- Ensures that apartment turnovers are completed in a quality manner in accordance with the standards of the organization, while adhering to Lead Paint Essential Maintenance Procedures.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists other maintenance technicians in repair or maintenance work.
- Completes work orders indicating materials used and cost, labor, and tenant charges.
- Responds to emergency calls during required on-call rotation with other maintenance staff. Establishes and maintains good working relationships and is on-going liaison with residents.
- Works independently and as part of the PM team to carry out job duties.
- Participates in team and staff meetings.
Downstreet's mission and operations may require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principal responsibilities.
Two years related experience in a maintenance capacity; individual will possess the basic tools required to perform his/her duties; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, basic blueprints and procedural manuals; ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have good customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both staff and residents.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required
- Must be able to work in properties including basements and living units.
- Must have valid driver's license, an insured reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel to properties and trainings, etc.
- Must be adaptable to working in an ever changing, high pressure work environment.
Downstreet Standards of Conduct
Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of Downstreet.
Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with others.
Protects the privacy and confidentiality of all private information related to participants, families, staff and general housing operations following privacy practices and HIPAA requirements.
Has excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to internal and external parties professionally, representing Downstreet in a positive manner.
Must be able to handle and protect the privacy of highly sensitive, confidential information.
Possess the ability to self-direct, strong attention to detail, and commitment to excellence in work product while handling multiple projects at one time.
Adheres to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the workday.
Demonstrates a commitment to high quality customer service, quality and proactively seeks to make improvements in systems and processes.
Proactively anticipates, manages and constructively resolves conflicts and disagreements; identifies ways conflict can lead to positive change.
Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, treats others ethically and fairly, and displays integrity and honesty.
Adapts and is flexible in response to constraints, failures and adversity.
Builds and maintains effective relationships.
Employer Rights and Disclaimers
This job description is not a contract for employment. It is a list of activities, duties, responsibilities and expectations. However, it should not be considered a complete list of expected activities, duties, responsibilities or expectations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This document does not extend an offer for permanent or continuous employment. Downstreet is an at-will employer.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply online, please complete the form below. Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to be a part of the Downstreet team. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.