Your community is here for you.
Navigating the social and civic program marketplace can be overwhelming. That's why we've created this list of community resources within Central Vermont to help you access all of the great programs and services available to you. Let's get you where you need to be.
Also remember that there is a comprehensive resource-connection service that you can access by dialing 2-1-1 on any phone. As of October 1, 2019, 2-1-1 will be reducing after-hours services; however, the emergency housing program will remain intact from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday- Friday. For more information, please see the full notice from the Agency of Human Services.
State COVID Relief Funding Rental and Mortgage Assistance
*OPEN for Applications*
Funding for relief programs for renters and homeowners experiencing hardships due to COVID-19 are open for applications today! Applications are available here:
Vermont State Housing Authority is operating the Rental Stabilization Program.
The Rental Stabilization Program accepts applications on a rolling basis from July 13 - December 20 with a 10 business day response.
Vermont Housing Finance Authority is operating the Vermont COVID Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program.
The Vermont COVID Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program will accept applications from July 13 - August 31.
Our Homeownership Center is administering the Rental Rehab Program.
Landlords can receive up to $30,000 per unit to bring apartments up to code. The application process is still under development. Click here to learn more.
Check the program pages for eligibility and FAQs. We will update and provide new information here as made available to us.
Additional Housing Related Services
- Good Samaritan Haven (homeless shelter)
- Capstone Community Action
- Barre Housing Authority
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Montpelier Housing Authority
- Vermont Housing Finance Association (VHFA)
- Vermont State Housing Authority
Children and Families
- Washington County Youth Service Bureau
- Family Center of Washington County
- Child Care Financial Assistance
- Find a Child Care Provider
- Child Development Resources
- Good Beginnings of Vermont
- Green Mountain United Way
- Fuel Assistance
- Reach Up
- Vermont Spay Neuter Incentive Program (VSNIP)
- Department of Children and Families Weatherization Program
- Agency of Human Services Policy on Domestic Violence
- VT Network Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Vermont Law Help (Relief from Abuse)