of the Vermont communities
we all lean on.
Dreams are universal.
Opportunities are not.
Your gift helps...
- young generations escape the cycle of poverty
- homeless families and individuals rediscover the comfort of their own home
- families, young and old, find a healthy rhythm of financial wellness
- alleviate economic inequality in our region through housing affordability
All economic roads eventually lead home.
Your gift helps...
- revitalize aging housing infrastructure, uplifting the property values of the neighborhood
- attract new families and youth
- reduce state healthcare expenditure through healthy living environments and preemptive elderly care
- create jobs and new opportunities for local businesses
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Your gift helps...
- provide safe, supportive housing to Vermonters recovering from their disease of addition
- foster civic engagement and diversity inclusion
- combat the rural living challenge of social and resource exclusion
- protect and strengthen our Vermont history and character
Real Impact, Real People
"We were so tired of dealing with unresponsive landlords and abrasive neighbors and thought that buying our own home wasn't even a possibility. Thanks to Downstreet's Down Payment Assistance Grant Program, we now have a long-term housing situation for us and our two young children that we can afford." - Barre Town Homeowners, Aria & Ben
"I was pregnant and homeless with a toddler son, completely down on my luck. Feeling lucky to be living in a stable and safe home today." - Monica, a Downstreet resident
"At 92, I could no longer afford my rent and needed a place to live where I knew I would be well cared-for. Now I'm surrounded by a supportive, fun community!" - Helena, a Downstreet resident & a SASH program participant.
Give today to join a passionate community committed to creating a thriving Central Vermont, by ensuring that all who live here thrive too.
More Ways to Give
You may send your check to:
Downstreet Housing & Community Development
Attn: Mike Rama
22 Keith Avenue, Suite 100
Barre, Vermont 05641
We would be delighted to work with you to design and strategize a legacy gift that works for you and your loved ones that will leave a lasting mark on Central Vermont. Common vehicles include bequests, charitable gift annuities, and charitable remainder trusts. Please contact Mike Rama, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss planned gift options.
Hosting a private gathering to introduce your network of friends and family to Downstreet is wonderfully helpful. We also welcome event sponsorships. We’re happy to help & get creative with you! Contact Mike Rama, email@example.com, to learn more.
Do you like to be proactive? Host or run a fundraiser in honor of what you’re passionate about!
- Start a Facebook fundraiser in honor of your birthday!
- Run a lemonade stand or sell cookies!
- Own a business? Dedicate a percentage of sales to fighting for what you believe in.
We’re here to help. Contact Mike Rama to learn more.
Advocacy through storytelling is powerful. We rely on the stories of those we serve and the perspective of the public to raise awareness for what we are working towards – a thriving Central Vermont that all can call home.
Typical audiences include our legislators, potential funders, our staff, our partners, or the public in general.
Interested in telling your story? Contact Mike to learn more.
Donating your home can be a rewarding process for all involved. Contact Mike Rama to learn more.
All unrestricted gifts are made to the Capacity Fund, Downstreet’s annual philanthropic campaign. The purpose of the Capacity Fund is to bring ideas to life in support of our ongoing efforts to eliminate the housing affordability gap and make home possible for all in Central Vermont.
We're committed to financial transparency and maximizing the societal impact of each gift made. We are always available to discuss your gifts, both past and present.
Director of Advancement