Green Mountain Home Repair
Do you own a home that is in need of major repairs or access modifications?
We can help!
Our low-cost loans can make your home repairs possible. We're committed to helping people like you invest in their homes to maintain safe, healthy homes and pride of ownership. Downstreet's NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center offers special low-interest loans for qualified home owners in Washington, Orange, and Lamoille counties.
These loans can be used for:
- Repairs to resolve health and safety issues, such as weatherization, structural problems (leaking roof, etc.), or systems failures (heating, septic, etc.)
- Repairs needed to correct municipal or state code violations.
- Access modification for elderly or disabled household members.
- Energy upgrades (including energy audit, insulation, air sealing, and other measures recommended in the energy audit report).
- In order to participate in our repair program, your total household income will need to be less than 80% of the area median income for your county* (see table below). Please call to verify your eligibility.
- Special exceptions may apply to historic homes and/or homes that may contain lead paint or hazardous building materials.
- Only primary residences are eligible, and homes must be located in Washington, Orange, or Lamoille County.
*Income requirements are determined using 80% of current HUD Median Income Limits by county.