Are you ready to be a homeowner?
Help Build Your New Home!
Downstreet and Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity (CVHFH) help low-income households to become homeowners as new homes are built by CVHFH and the selected homeowner. Buyers must qualify for the Habitat for Humanity program and complete Downstreet’s Shared Equity Program.
Click here for more information on the shared equity program
Are you in need of better housing?
Habitat for Humanity builds homes for those living in subsidised housing and substandard housing which includes unsafe conditions, expensive rent, and/or being overcrowded.
To Qualify you must:
· Be deemed within Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity’s income limits. These limits are based on up to 80% Area Median Income (AMI) and complete Downstreet's Shared Equity application
· Complete Downstreet’s Homebuyer Education course
· Must live or work in Washington or Orange county.
· Be willing to volunteer hours with Habitat for Humanity. The requirement is 250 hours per Adult with loved ones able to provide up to 50% of the service time.
· Be able to show $500 in a bank account for closing costs
Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity is seeking applicants for a new home they are building in Barre, VT.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECIEVED BY Downstreet by
12PM on MONDAY SEPTEMBER 18TH 2023
Contact Cheryl Moyer at Downstreet,
Zachariah Watson at Central Vermont Habitat for Humanity,
to learn more.