Built in 1850, the building located at 12 Stowe Street in Waterbury’s historic downtown was renovated in 1993 to serve as housing for residents who are aged 55+ and/or disabled. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places as well as the State Register.
The project in 2019 extended the property’s useful life for at least 20 years, with a large focus on resident safety, resident quality of life, and energy efficiency.
- windows replaced
- mechanical upgrade to pellet heat system
- interior upgrades
- energy efficiency upgrades in rental units
- SASH office moved to the second floor to provide more space and easier access for residents
- exterior paint
- accessible access to dumpster
- upgrades to current accessibility codes
Photography and video production by Cara Hansen.