Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
We are currently looking for a Property Manager to join our team!
The Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation of a portfolio of properties including occupancy, resident relations, rent collections, lease enforcement, maintenance, and compliance with Federal, State and local programs. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be organized with attention to detail, communicate effectively, be compassionate and mission focused, and exercise sound judgment. The Property Manager must be committed to a membership-based model of community controlled and permanently affordable housing.
- Act as primary contact for residents at assigned housing sites. Maintain visibility and exceptional communication with residents.
- Show apartments and mobile home lots and give property tours. Conduct final screening and approval of applicants.
- Prepare and execute leases with qualified applicants for housing based on eligibility criteria.
- Ensure that all required income certifications in assigned portfolio are complete, signed, and transmittable.
- Maintain accurate and organized resident files (physical and electronically).
- Respond promptly to resident concerns; utilize Property Manager Software for work order requests, resident complaints and follow up tracking.
- Enforce the terms of the lease including but not limited to peaceful enjoyment, housekeeping, rent collection and proper maintenance of the apartment/lot. Prepare and participate in the eviction process as necessary.
- Conduct move in, move out, and annual inspections of all units, ensuring that all work orders are entered promptly into Property Manager Software.
- Approve invoices and review monthly financial statements to monitor if expenses are in alignment with budget.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with community organizations which provide support services to residents.
- Develop and distribute resident newsletters.
- Collect rent from rent drop boxes and collect laundry income, if applicable.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, events, Property Management team meetings, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
- Knowledge, experience and certification in housing regulatory compliance – specifically in LIHTC (Tax Credit), Section 8, HOME, RD.
- Knowledge and understanding of Property Management software, Federal, State, and local Tenant/Landlord laws and regulations, Fair Housing, and Downstreet rental policies.
- Must be self-directed and a strong team participant.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School diploma plus relevant experience required.
- Current Tax Credit, HUD and RD Occupancy & Compliance Requirements Certifications or ability to obtain same within six months of employment
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required
- Must be able to physically inspect properties including basements and living units.
- Must have valid driver's license, an insured reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel to properties and trainings, etc.
- Must be adaptable to working in an ever changing, high pressure work environment.
Downstreet Standards of Conduct
Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of Downstreet.
Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with others.
Protects the privacy and confidentiality of all private information related to participants, families, staff and general housing operations following privacy practices and HIPAA requirements.
Has excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to internal and external parties professionally, representing Downstreet in a positive manner.
Must be able to handle and protect the privacy of highly sensitive, confidential information.
Possess the ability to self-direct, strong attention to detail, and commitment to excellence in work product while handling multiple projects at one time.
Adheres to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the workday.
Demonstrates a commitment to high quality customer service, quality and proactively seeks to make improvements in systems and processes.
Proactively anticipates, manages and constructively resolves conflicts and disagreements; identifies ways conflict can lead to positive change.
Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, treats others ethically and fairly, and displays integrity and honesty.
Adapts and is flexible in response to constraints, failures and adversity.
Builds and maintains effective relationships.
Employer Rights and Disclaimers
This job description is not a contract for employment. It is a list of activities, duties, responsibilities and expectations. However, it should not be considered a complete list of expected activities, duties, responsibilities or expectations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This document does not extend an offer for permanent or continuous employment. Downstreet is an at-will employer.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply online, please complete the form below. Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to be a part of the Downstreet team. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.