Thank you for your interest in working with us!
We are currently looking for an Office Manager to join our team!
The Office Manager is a full-time, salaried position supervised by the CEO. The Office Manager will oversee the general administrative function and activities of the office. Downstreet is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to strengthen the communities of Central Vermont by engaging with people, providing affordable homes, and connecting people to the resources and services they need to thrive. The salary range for this position is $37,000 - $42,000.
- Staff the front reception desk/window responding in-person to members of the public.
- Communicate on the phone, at reception window, and electronically in a positive and respectful manner with all customers including but not limited to applicants, residents, home-ownership center clients, community members, donors and prospects, co-workers, volunteers, and visitors.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Board, Executive Director, Executive Team and other departments as needed.
- Open, date stamp, sort and distribute the office mail.
- Maintain and submit corporate filings for Downstreet and affiliated entities.
- Receive and enter all HomeOwnership Center (HOC) applications into tracking software, ensure applications are complete and follow-up with customers to obtain missing items.
- Manage the office supplies, office filing systems (including off-site file storage), and office equipment including the fax, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Performs or facilitates maintenance of office equipment including cleaning and repairs.
- Manage the use of the Downstreet community room.
- Coordinate staff’s information technology requests and act as Downstreet’s main point of contact with the IT, phone, internet vendors, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate monthly board meetings, in collaboration with other staff, prepare and distribute monthly board packets.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for Executive Director and other departments as needed.
- Support HR functions including without limitation communication with applicants, scheduling interviews and provide onboarding training on office systems.
- Provide support for grant requests and reporting to NeighborWorks and other agencies.
- Develop systems related to customer service and office management and function.
- Participate in applicable work groups, staff meetings and other staff events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in office administration or related field preferred.
- At least three years of administrative and clerical experience required.
- Must be adaptable to working in an ever changing, demanding work environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
Standards of Conduct
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of Downstreet.
- Provides exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with others.
- Represents Downstreet in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to handle and protect the privacy of highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Possess ability to self-direct, strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence in work product while handling multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and seeks to improve systems and processes.
- Maintains an optimistic and positive attitude.
- Contributes positively to a professional and respectful office environment.
- Proactively anticipates, manages and constructively resolves conflicts and disagreements; identifies ways conflict can lead to positive change.
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, treats others ethically, fairly and honestly.
- Reports to work on time, provides advance notice for time off, and appropriately manages time.
- Adapts and is flexible in response to constraints, failures and adversity.
- Adheres to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the work day.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships.
- Supports a workplace culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Must be able to lift/push up to 25 pounds.
Must be adaptable to working in an ever changing, demanding work environment.
Employer Rights and Disclaimers
This job description is not a contract for employment. It is a list of activities, duties, responsibilities and expectations. However, it should not be considered a complete list of expected activities, duties, responsibilities or expectations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This document does not extend an offer for permanent or continuous employment. Downstreet is an at-will employer.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply online, please complete the form below. Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to be a part of the Downstreet team. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.