Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
We are currently looking for an Occupancy Coordinator to join our team!
The Occupancy Coordinator is responsible for all intake functions. This position will also provide and/or coordinate general administrative functions and activities of the Property Management Department, and acts as back up staff at the reception window.
- Receives and enters all rental applications into software, ensures applications are complete and follows-up with customers and/or service agencies to obtain missing items.
- Processes applications for eligibility.
- Mails waitlist or denial letter within 14 days of receipt of application (after approval of the Compliance & Occupancy Specialist)
- Verifies applicant income and asset information as needed.
- Submits processed applications to the Compliance & Occupancy Specialist for approval. Follows up with applicant regarding status of application if processing for a vacancy.
- Works with Property Management team and Maintenance team to ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Explains the policy on deposits and collects security deposit prior to lease up.
- Reconciles wait lists for properties on a regular basis. Removes appropriate files as determined by the waitlist mailing and files them in the inactive cabinet, removing them also from our software noting the explanation.
- Assists Compliance & Occupancy Specialist with reconciling the PBV lists.
- Maintains current applicant files, creates and completes the resident file for Compliance & Occupancy Specialist’s review prior to lease up.
- Assists Property Management team with other various tasks as needed.
- Maintains open communication with all members of the Property Management and Maintenance teams.
- Participates in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Assists with marketing, placing, removing/updating signage and other marketing materials as needed.
- Assists Associate Director of Compliance & Occupancy with creating, monitoring and updating Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans (AFHMPs).
- Assists in staffing the front reception desk/window responding in-person to members of the public in the absence of the Office Manager. Communicates on the phone, at reception window, and electronically in a positive and respectful manner with all customers including but not limited to applicants, residents, homeownership center clients, community members, donors and prospects, co-workers, volunteers, and visitors.
- Participates in applicable work groups, staff meetings and other staff events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Comfortable with math income eligibility.
- This position shall earn their Certified Occupancy Specialist, Low Income Housing Tax Credit Specialist and USDA 515 Specialist designations.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of administrative experience required.
- Must be adaptable to working in an ever changing, demanding work environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
The annual salary range for this position is $38,000 - $42,000.
Downstreet also provides a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- 403 (b) with company match up to 4.5%
- Healthcare insurance
- Dental insurance benefits
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Generous paid leave allowances (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- 9 paid holidays and 2 “floating” holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Coworkers who have each other’s backs and have created a friendly and professional work culture
Downstreet Standards of Conduct
Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of Downstreet.
Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with others.
Protects the privacy and confidentiality of all private information related to participants, families, staff and general housing operations following privacy practices and HIPAA requirements.
Has excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to internal and external parties professionally, representing Downstreet in a positive manner.
Must be able to handle and protect the privacy of highly sensitive, confidential information.
Possess the ability to self-direct, strong attention to detail, and commitment to excellence in work product while handling multiple projects at one time.
Adheres to all safety practices, rules and standards throughout the workday.
Demonstrates a commitment to high quality customer service, quality and proactively seeks to make improvements in systems and processes.
Proactively anticipates, manages and constructively resolves conflicts and disagreements; identifies ways conflict can lead to positive change.
Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, treats others ethically and fairly, and displays integrity and honesty.
Adapts and is flexible in response to constraints, failures and adversity.
Builds and maintains effective relationships.
Employer Rights and Disclaimers
This job description is not a contract for employment. It is a list of activities, duties, responsibilities and expectations. However, it should not be considered a complete list of expected activities, duties, responsibilities or expectations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This document does not extend an offer for permanent or continuous employment. Downstreet is an at-will employer.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply online, please complete the form below. Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to be a part of the Downstreet team. Applications submitted without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.