Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
We currently have the following positions to fill:
- Part-time SASH Program Assistant
Please scroll down for complete job description and directions for how to apply.
Part-Time SASH Program Assistant
Date: September 2019
Reports To: SASH Program Manager & Coordinator
Location: As assigned (some travel required)
Hours: 20 hours a week
Schedule: Three days per week including Monday
The SASH (Support And Services at Home) Program Assistant will complete a routine of supportive work tasks that enable the Downstreet SASH team staff to efficiently implement the state-wide program in our central Vermont region. This involves providing administrative, logistical and wellness programming support to the SASH Coordinators, Nurses & Program Manager. The work will be located partly in our offices in Barre and partly on-site at the various SASH locations which mostly include E. Montpelier, Montpelier and Barre.
Four Main Aspects of the Job:
1) Being an administrative & logistical helper to SASH Coordinators who are involved in supporting participants’ health & wellness needs.
2) Being an administrative assistant to the SASH Program Manager: collecting needed data, sending simple reports, special projects, maintaining SASH records, assistance in preparing for meetings.
3) Producing a high quality monthly health & wellness focused newsletter.
4) Facilitating some of the wellness programming that we offer on site to participants including food, social and exercise programs.
2 years of college level work, certificate or AA degree in a relevant field such as health, education, social service, administration with one year minimum of hands-on work experience in relevant field.
A. Valid driver’s license& insured vehicle
B. Strong demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for professional work projects
C. Strong knowledge and proficiency in using or learning essential technology to the work: MS Word, Excel and Publisher (essential), Google email, Calendar, Contacts, Pictures, Strong internet navigation/ browser skills for online databases
Includes an excellent salary and benefits package with time off while working for a great company with a clear and strong mission.
Please send resume and cover letter explaining why you want to work to further Downstreet's mission to:
Attn: Human Resources
22 Keith Ave., Ste. 100
Barre, VT 05641
or apply using the form below.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.