Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
We are currently looking for a Director of Affordable Housing Operations to join our team!
Downstreet is seeking a seasoned and solutions-oriented manager to lead our 17-20 person Property Management and Facilities team and to oversee the performance of our 500-unit affordable housing portfolio serving low-income and formerly homeless individuals and families. The Director of Affordable Housing Operations will be a hands-on manager who is a creative problem solver with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to lead. Hybrid remote/office work schedule available.
Participate in Downstreet’s Leadership Team and provide oversight, guidance and support to the Property Management and Facilities team
Coordinate staff trainings and ensure that department policies and procedures are up to date
Ensure properties operate in compliance with all legal, regulatory, and organizational requirements
Ensure strong operations and the financial and physical health and sustainability of properties
Develop and monitor annual budgets for all properties and work with Downstreet’s Asset Manager and Facilities Manager to develop and monitor capital plans
Strengthen community collaborations and support the housing success of residents'
Participate in the development and supervision of a Resident Services pilot project
Collaborate with Downstreet’s Housing Development team on the operational feasibility of new project
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 7 years of relevant experience, including 5 years of management experience, or an equivalent combination of education, employment, and life experience
- Working knowledge of fair housing laws, tax credit regulations, and other affordable housing regulatory requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn Downstreet’s property management software and systems
- Highly organized with a strong ability to manage priorities and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to equity and inclusion and social and economic justice
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License and personal vehicle
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working at a computer
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends and respond to after-hours emergencies
The annual salary range for this position is $72,000 - $80,000.
Downstreet also provides a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- 403 (b) with company match up to 4.5%
- Healthcare insurance
- Dental insurance benefits
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Generous paid leave allowances (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- 9 paid holidays and 2 “floating” holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Coworkers who have each other’s backs and have created a friendly and professional work culture
Employer Rights and Disclaimers
This job description is not a contract for employment. It is a list of activities, duties, responsibilities and expectations. However, it should not be considered a complete list of expected activities, duties, responsibilities or expectations. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This document does not extend an offer for permanent or continuous employment. Downstreet is an at-will employer.
Downstreet is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Downstreet is strongest when we have a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or Veteran status are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please complete the form below. Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to be a part of the Downstreet team.